HILL (Helping Individuals Live Longer) Project
Primary and Behavioral Health Integration
Description of Services:
The Hill Project provides primary medical care and wellness activities to persons who receive services at Henderson Behavioral Health and serves as their “Health Home.” This model of service provides medical exams, lab tests, coordination of follow-up medical services, and an onsite wellness program. The program adheres to the principles of informed choice, recovery-focused and person-centered care and incorporation of evidence-based practices in routine care. The focus of Hill Project service delivery is a person-centered, integrated approach to the medical care of persons with behavioral health illness.
Goals and Objectives:
- To increase the delivery of a coordinated array of medical, self-help, social, supportive, and rehabilitative services designed around the needs and desires of the individual.
- To improve the physical health of individuals with severe mental illness who are at-risk for co-occurring behavioral health and primary care conditions.
- To assist persons in taking an active role in their health and wellbeing.
- To assist in the coordination of primary, specialty, and behavioral health services.
- To increase individual and family input and participation in the recovery planning process.
Supports & Services:
- Primary Medical Care - A primary Care physician and medical assistant will be available one day per week at each of the adult outpatient facilities. Focus is on assessing, diagnosing and reducing the symptoms of primary medical issues, and making referrals for specialty care and wellness activities.
- Care Coordination - Every effort will be made to coordinate the primary medical appointment with ongoing Henderson psychiatric, rehab, or case management services, as well as assisting individuals with linkage with specialty care services in the community when needed.
- Peer Support Wellness - The peer support specialist assists persons with their wellness by providing individual coaching and support to implement change strategies to improve healthy living habits. Smoking cessation, healthy eating habits, exercise, and healthy living groups will be scheduled throughout the year for participants in the program.
- Integrated Services - Primary services will be coordinated with outpatient services, and staff will consult to assure integration of the medical, and wellness activities with the behavioral health services.
330 SW 27th Ave
Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33312
4720 N. State Road 7
Lauderdale Lakes, FL 33319
2900 W. Prospect Rd.
Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33309
1957 Jackson St.
Hollywood, FL 33020